January 29, 2016
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee met January 20, to consider S.659, The Bipartisan Sportsmen’s Act of 2015. The Partnership is happy to report that, after much discussion in committee, the bill passed as amended (12-8 vote). One of the Amendments included in the Bill was the National Fish Habitat Conservation Through Partnerships Act. The committee took affirmative action on the following priorities:
- Codification and support of the National Fish Habitat Conservation Through Partnerships Act. Passed by Unanimous Consent (UC).
- Reauthorization of the Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act. Passed by UC.
- Reauthorization of the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
- Protecting the states’ authority to regulate lead under TSCA as it relates to fishing tackle and ammunition and its component.
- Reauthorization of the North American Wetlands Conservation Act.
The National Fish Habitat Conservation Through Partnerships Act amendment was introduced by Sen. Mike Crapo (R-ID). The Sportsmen’s Package now moves to the Senate Floor.